A Civil Crew Laborer works under the direction of the Civil Crew Leader to perform all ground and foundation work before a new tower is erected.
• Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
• Verify that all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your trailer are available and in working order.
• Attend a daily tailgate meeting to address daily tasks and safety issues. Report any safety concerns to the Crew Leader.
• Excavating, forming, and pouring tower foundation spread footings
• Forming footings, walls, and slabs for telecommunication buildings and generators
• Tie rebar mats, and cages
• Reading laser level and grade stick
• Trenching and installing PVC conduit and ground rings
• Hand digging around utilities
• Shoveling and raking dirt and gravel
• Report any deviations from the scope of work or construction drawings to the crew Leader.
• Pick up trash on site daily.
• Take pictures of final work and provide all turnover documentation to Murphy Construction receptionist.
• Clean out truck(s) & trailer(s) after each job and put materials and equipment away.
• Begin preparations for next job.
• Civil Crew Leader or Superintendent
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver License
• Demonstrated experience in construction trades.
Benefits - Eligible the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
Short and Long term disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Seven paid holidays
Weekly Direct Deposit
Potential Performance Bonuses