compensation: $15/hour, 35-40 hours/week, Spring through Fall employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Brenton Arboretum’s mission is to inspire joy through the beauty and knowledge of the natural world of trees.
The Brenton Arboretum is offering two seasonal groundskeeper positions to qualified individuals to help us maintain our grounds, landscape, tree collections, and facilities to the highest display standards.
Groundskeepers will work with arboretum staff in various capacities including watering, weeding, planting, pruning, mulching, nursery & propagation work, pest management, small-engine equipment use and maintenance, litter removal, native plant conservation, restoration & maintenance of native prairie and woodlands, and other duties as assigned.
• Prior experience or a degree/certification in landscaping is preferred, but not required.
• Prior chemical application experience or an applicator’s license is preferred, but not required.
• The ability to work safely and efficiently independently and as a team.
• Must be capable of and enjoy physical work in an outdoor setting all day (with breaks), every day, throughout the spring, summer, and fall.
• The ability to safely lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds and work on your feet all day.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work.
• Ability to safely operate various small-engine equipment, trucks, and ATVs with training.
• Pay: This is an hourly paid position ($15/hour), approximately 35-40 hours per week.
• Daily hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm, with the potential for flexibility around vacation schedules or other obligations. Some early, late, or weekend work opportunities may be offered.
• Term: Groundskeepers work spring through fall (approximately April through November).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers