As a Field Service Technician you will your skills as a good communicator, and the mechanical and electrical knowledge to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on Machining products. Extensive travel within a set geographical area is required and occasional travel throughout North America. The services are provided on-site at our customer’s facilities and via telephone if the situation permits. We train the right people for a successful career in the machinery industry and pride ourselves on employee longevity and customer retention.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Travel to customer locations to diagnose complex technical problems and perform on-site repair.
• Examine machines mechanically and perform repairs by dismantling machines and rebuilding mechanically.
• Diagnose technical problems and troubleshoot via telephone.
• Communicate professionally and effectively with customers via telephone.
• Manage heavy inbound telephone load efficiently and in a professional manner.
• Effectively interpret schematics and block diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot problems.
• Document in detail product problems and resolutions.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
• CNC programming skills a plus
• Ability to operate computer using windows operating systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
• Extensive travel necessary, current valid drivers’ license required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 2 year Electronic or Technical Degree.
• Experience as field service in the machine tool industry a plus.
• Skilled in Electrical measurement and inspection techniques. (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
• Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems.
• Skilled in mechanical measurement and inspection techniques. (Dial Indicators, Micrometers, and Calipers).
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation