Responsible for conversion of telephone and walk-in prospects to leases, resulting in maintained and increased occupancy in addition to being inherently responsible for effectively communicating to existing residents and establishing a successful renewal program.
Responsible for weekly/monthly reports to include receiving and posting of rents, with additional responsibility for assisting the on-site manager with the coordination of day-to-day activities of the development in accordance with the standards established by the vice president, property management. Assists with maintaining office clerical, filing and recordkeeping systems. Identifies and strives to meet the residents' needs.
Hours of Work: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday as necessary. Hours subject to change based on occupancy and needs of property. Schedule may vary according to individual property and on-site manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reports directly to the on-site manager, and in absence of manager, supervises and schedules maintenance and on-site personnel. Works with on-site manager, staff members of other developments, outside vendors and service providers.
a.Responds effectively to telephone inquiries to generate prospective resident visits to the property. Maintains a call-to-show ratio of at least 65%.
b. Shows and demonstrates apartments, utilizing sales skills to demonstrate market-ready product and availability to close prospects. Maintains a closing ratio of at least 50%.
c. Follows up with prospective residents.
d. Monitors telephone and walk-in traffic at property via welcome cards and traffic logs.
e. Walks model tour route and opens models daily to ensure quality presentation.
f. Obtains lease information and completes lease applications. Conducts required credit and reference checks. Sets up and maintains lease files.
g. Conducts periodic market surveys as requested.
3. Encourages resident retention by contacting all residents on renewal report that are not currently on lease.
4. Lease Administration
a. Performs move-in inspections with new residents.
b. Reviews welcome packet with new residents in a timely manner.
c. Maintains legal records/files.
d. Inputs daily activity on daily and vacancy reports.
5. Assists with Resident Relations
a. Prepares and processes resident service requests.
b. Calls residents to follow-up on service requests within 24 hours of completion.
c. Assists with resident problems and complaints concerning rent payments, service requests, etc.
d. Assists with preparation of newsletters and promotional flyers.
e. Assists with the planning of community activities and events.
6. Accounting Policies and Procedures
a. Collects, records and deposits rental payments, application fees, security deposits, etc.
b. Maintains account records and journals and makes bank deposits.
c. Helps to prepare weekly and monthly reports as required.
d. Helps to prepare legal action for evictions as necessary.
7. Supervisory Responsibilities
In absence of the manager, provides "in charge" responsibilities for the property and the staff. These responsibilities include being "on call" 24 hours with pager, managing and delegating staff for maximum performance of their respective job functions.
· Specific leasing experience not required; however, experience as an assistant property manager, managing/leasing multi-family properties, or experience in a related business preferred.
· Two years of college preferred.
· ARM, CAM, NALP certification desired.
· Ability to perform bookkeeping functions.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervisions, with ability to become a team leader.
· Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and meet deadlines.
· Must be able to work overtime as required, which is limited to the needs of the property. Schedule, including Saturdays, may vary according to individual property and on-site manager.
· Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands, including daily bank deposits. Must have proof of liability insurance for same. Must possess a valid driver's license, clean driving record, and be bondable.
· Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, and show apartments. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to facilitate vacuuming, moving office furniture and lifting of supplies as needed.
· Dress Code: Company-provided logo shirts provided, and required to be worn daily. No jeans, t-shirts, lycra, tennis-shoes, hiking boots, jogging suits, flip-flops, halter tops or tattered looking clothing are permitted at any time. Good judgment is expected.
· Pre-Employment Test Scores: Successfully complete pre-employment psychological and basic skills exam. Pass background check and/or credit check.