compensation: Dependent upon qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Seneca Tank, an international supplier of new and used petroleum tank trucks, transports, lube vans, and tank truck parts, located in Des Moines, Iowa, has immediate FT openings for mechanics. No experience working with petroleum tank trucks is required.
Under the direction of the Production Manager-New Builds, the incumbent is responsible for building fluid delivery systems for lube vans, liquid bulk tank trucks and trailers, which includes both fabricating and assembling components used in the building process. The incumbent is also responsible for repairing fluid delivery systems.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install fluid delivery systems on lube vans, petroleum tank trucks and trailers (40%)
• Fabricate components of fluid delivery systems such as meter shelf plates, support brackets, and piping, which involves cutting, bending, welding, and attaching metal and aluminum materials (30%)
• Read job orders to determine work to be performed per customer request (10%)
• Assemble ready-made and fabricated components to build fluid delivery systems (10%)
• Repair fluid delivery systems by replacing malfunctioning parts (10%)
Physical demands include the ability to often lift/carry over 100 lbs. and frequently push/pull up to 50 lbs. while lying on back
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year of experience building or repairing diesel, gas, or hydraulic equipment utilizing hand, electric, and pneumatic tools
The sign-on bonus will be paid in 2 installments: $1,000 after 6 months of employment, and $1,000 after one year of employment. The bonus offer is for a limited time.
Seneca Tank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Seneca Tank is a drug-free workplace. Post-offer drug screening is required.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities