favorite this postWelder - Wind Turbine Tower Manufacturing (Pueblo, CO)hide this posting
compensation: $19.00-21.00/hour, plus $1.50/hour night shift differential employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The welding team at the Pueblo Towers factory is growing to support increased product demand. In the Welder group, team members use their passion for fabricating and building, along with their strong attention to detail, to ensure Vestas turbine towers are ready for shipment to customers. Vestas provides skilled workers with opportunities to transform their traditional job skills into the jobs of the future.
Vestas Towers America, Inc.
The steel production department is a part of the Vestas assembly unit in Manufacturing and Global Sourcing. The department is responsible for all aspects in the building of world class wind turbine towers. We are working using cutting edge technology for the future of towers manufacturing.
The daily work will be within a broad network of stakeholders and together with the other entities within production that will set the world class standard for towers of Wind Turbines.
From cutting department, responsible for the intake of the raw steel plates and sizing it down to the size of a specific tower type that is being built per customer orders, to the production side of the factory, that will be tasked with rolling the raw plates into material that can be submerged arc welded, and rolled plate will be assembled together into its specific tower type.
You will be an essential part of a team within the steel production facility that consists of 12 team leaders that are responsible for building the world's best and most advanced wind turbine towers located in Pueblo, Colorado.
• Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment by following all safety protocols and performing routine housekeeping and workplace organization.
• Perform activities of position as outlined in Production Work Instructions and Welding Process Specifications.
• Setup manual welding, automated welding and flame/plasma cutting equipment by setting parameters and making adjustments.
• Utilize manual welding and automated welding equipment and tooling to tack weld and finish weld components via GMAW, FCAW, SMAW and SAW processes.
• Prepare welding joints and repair surface/weld imperfections using flame/plasma cutting equipment and grinding.
• Perform product quality inspections and make corrections as required.
• Operate material handling equipment, overhead crane and rigging, to fit-up and relocate tower section components.
• Replenish welding equipment consumables (wire, tips, nozzles, feed rollers).
• Perform daily maintenance inspections on equipment and correct minor issues.
• Coordinate with Team Leaders and other production employees to prioritize products to process.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Safety mindset; "If you don't work safely, there is no job for you at Vestas." - Vestas Executive Vice President and COO
• High school diploma/GED and prefer a certificate in welding from an accredited technical school/program.
• 1 - 3 years welding experience, preferably in a heavy fabrication industry.
• Must be able to read and interpret production drawings and technical work instructions.
• Able to speak, read and understand English.
• Must pass pre-employment welding skills assessment.
• Must be able to work night shift
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Pueblo, CO.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social medial channels.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers